Sports Wagering Operator (Class A and Class B) Licensees are required to provide revenue and related information to the Office of Lottery and Gaming (OLG) on a monthly basis. The OLG will post these reports online on a monthly schedule.
The following definitions are provided to clarify the terms used on monthly reports submitted by Sports Wagering Operators:
- Number of bets: Total number bets/wagers accepted by an Operator including, but not limited to, single-game bets, teaser bets, parlays, over-under, money line wagering, exchange wagering, in-game wagering, proposition bets, and straight bets.
- Handle: Total dollar amount of sports wagers/bets accepted by an Operator.
- Prizes/Payouts: Cash or cash equivalents paid to customers as a result of sports wagering; cash or cash equivalents paid to purchase annuities to fund prizes payable to customers over a period of time as a result of sports wagering; the actual cost paid by an Operator for any personal property distributed to a customer as a result of sports wagering, excluding travel expenses, food, refreshments, lodging, and services.
- Gross Gaming Revenue (GGR): Total cash or cash equivalents received from sports wagering minus the total of prizes and/or payouts as defined above.
- Average Hold percentage: Average revenue, as a percentage, the sportsbook retains from its handle (e.g., GGR divided by Handle).
- Tax Revenue: The dollar amount of tax revenue paid to the District of Columbia based on GGR.